Feeding my turtles

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
steds4

Hi, everyone. I\'ve been reading this MB religiously, but I\'m a little confused about how much and what to feed my turtles.

I have one turtle that\'s about a year and a half old. He\'s about the size of a bar of soap and healthy. I feed him about 12-15 pellets every day and he seems to always want more, so I don\'t think I\'m overfeeding him. Is this too much? What else should I give him? I was feeding him raw trout once in a while which he loved. He doesn\'t seem to like lettuce of any sort.

I also have two baby turtles...probably a couple of month old. I feed them a couple of ReptoMin sticks each (in a separate tank) and they always finish them off. What else should I feed them? At what point should I increase their food amounts?

Thanks for any and all help
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

For the pellets, feed as much as would fit into each turtle\'s head (as the turtle grows, so will the head and portion size); up to a year, once daily and after a year every other day. Plant matter can be offered daily. See www.turtlepuddle.org/health/turtlefood.html for possiblities. Also provide cuttlebone for a calcium supplement (take off the hard backing and break into pieces).
  • Information