Not Sure What New Turtle is?

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
Josie219

Hello,

I am new to turtles and learning alot!! I have a red earred slider my son saved last year from getting run over. It is still a baby only about 3 inches and doing well. My daughter just saved another turtle, a tiny one about 2 inches, and I\'m not sure what it is. It has a bright orange/red bottom shell, no red on either side of head. Does anyone know what it is? Is it okay to put it in the same tank as the other turtle?
deesygirl

It is very difficult to tell what type of turtle you have based on your description. Did you check our species link to see if it lookes like any there? Here is the link for you. http://www.allturtles.com/species.php
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

sounds like a painted to me. not sure what type by the description.
angel_girl132004
Level 1
Level 1

If you mix red eared sliders and painted turtles it often results in sickness or shell problems for the painted turtle.
cindygirl

hello...i hope someone can help me out here.
my 5 yro son found a turtle outside of our home in ky...and i have no clues as to what type of turtle it is nor do i know how to care for it...this thing has yellow-orange spots on its head and legs...orangish-red eyes....the underlying shell is brown and the upper shell is brown with the same color spots as head and legs....to me it looks like a spotted turtle but i am really not sure...seems to be very distraught that he has been captured and put into a tank...can anyone help me out....
thanks
  • Information