turtles

Discussions about turtles.
Butterfly Girl#1

Could some people write some facts about turtles? I would like that!
WlfKnigt
Level 2
Level 2

Turtles are reptiles that lay their eggs on land by digging into the ground to bury their eggs. They are both meat and plant eaters. I belive there are two types of turtles. Water turtles that live mostly in water like the common red eared slider. And Box turtles that live near water to drink and cool down. There are also Tortoises but they arn\'t really turtles. They live on land and have stumpy hind legs. Tortoises also grow much bigger then normal turtles. Sea turtles almost spend all their life in the water and are currently endangered. Turtles have good smell and eyesight but are at a disadvantage when it comes to hearing. Unlike Goldfishes turtles will eat untill they are full but eating like this can make them obese(Fat) which is unhealthy. Water turtles and some box turtles can only eat under water so they will drag their food under. Turtles swallow their food whole and uses their strong beak like mouth to cut food down to size. To process calcium turtles need UV rays from sun and special light bulbs. Thats about all I know I think. But also turtle eggs will die if flipped over and are not hard but leathery. Hope that helps.
  • Information