turtle(s) of two in a half weeks

Discussions about turtles.
beachypoet826
Level 1
Level 1

i have two RES turtles. i got them two in a half weeks ago. at first april didn\'t eat for five days and would sleep all the time and i got really worried but my boyfriend brought live tubiflex worms and it seems to be getting better but then it still has a white scratch looking thing on it\'s back. it doesn\'t sleep as much nowadays. however, leonardo is 1.5 inches... and april is only 1.25.. just measuring their shells. should i be worried?

another major problem, they don\'t really like me!!! *cries* every time i pick them up, they get scared... might be cause i\'m holding them a little tight because i\'m scared that they\'ll fall.
beachypoet826
Level 1
Level 1

you don\'t think it has a fungal infection do you..? and the eyelids.. when they close, they look whiteish, is that normal???
beachypoet826
Level 1
Level 1

oh yea... and any time i stand up or walk near the tank, leonardo usually swims really fast (mind you to no where... since it\'s a plastic tank) and tries to get away from me...

why is it afraid of me???

it\'s not afraid of my chopsticks though! i used to feed it live worms from that
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

The turtles are acting completely normal. I have had my turtles for a year now and they are still skitish. How would you feel if some stranger took you from your home and stuck you in a plastic container? As for the scratch on the shell. If it is a scratch than it will probably grow out and disapear when the turtle sheds his schutes.
Last edited by m1key72988 on Wed May 12, 2004 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information