Help me become a turtle owner

Discussions about turtles.
alenaduane77

Hi everyone - I want to be a turtle owner, but I need help figuring out what kind of turtle is best for me.

RE: COST

Is it more expensive to own water turtles or land turtles?

What is the best way to purchase a turtle?

RE: ENVIRONMENT

I live in a house with a large yard. However, we do have cats, and we live in an area where coyotes frequent.

RE: PERSONALITY

I think water turtles (red ear sliders for example ) are absolutely adorable and fun to watch. I love how lively they are. I saw a picture of a \"cooter\" and thought it was beautiful.

On the other hand, I like the idea of a turtle I could let roam around the house or outside with me. My grandmother owned HUGE tortoises, but I don\'t know much about them.

Also, what exactly is a \"semi-aquatic\" turtle?

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions regarding any of the above is appreciated!

Thanks for your help --
turtlemommy
Level 1
Level 1

Well if you want to be a turtle owner go to the web site called www.artsofnature.com and they have all kinds of baby red ear sliders for you to pick from and it tell you information on how to get a turtle ok it does cost alot but if you really wany to be a turtle mommy like me it is worth it trust me once you have them ya dont want to get rid of them they are very fun to watch and you will grow to love them like i have well just check out the site i gave you and good luck with what ya do ok have fun! :) :)
MoMof2RedEarSliders
Level 1
Level 1

yea thats a good site i heard lots of people adopt red ear sliders from them if you need the site again it\'s www.artsofnature.com and they show you what the babies look like and everything check it out.
MoMof2RedEarSliders
Level 1
Level 1

oh i forgot to toell you once you click on the site where it says turtles and supplies click on that and go at the top where it says live turtles it shows you a picture of them ok!!!!!!!
MoMof2RedEarSliders
Level 1
Level 1

click on the live turtles button ok sorry forgot that 2 lol!!!!!!
  • Information