pretty turtle- don\'t know species

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
PEPPIE

I found a turtle walking up my driveway today. I edged him to the grass and he/she headed on his way. I am not a turtle expert only know the basic box or snapper type turtles, but this did not look like any turtle I had seen before. I wish I had taken a pix of him-- but I\'ll describe it and maybe someone will know what type he is. His shell was smooth and the had big yellow like squares on it(not bright yellow- but definetly yellowish.)The neat thing about him was he had a red scaley head that was kinda skinny, but definitely red- that he pulled way out of his shell to eye me up- and also to see over the grass. There are some woods around me but quite a far walk for this guy. We did have a big storm the night before, so maybe he was forced out. I tried to give him a piece of apple, but he just walked right over it. His shell was about 4-5 inches in diameter- so he wasnt real small. Thanks for your help
WlfKnigt
Level 2
Level 2

Humm Maby if you can tell us what country and area you lve in I can tell you more. And besides turtles don\'t eat whole apples. they don\'t chew they just swallow the whole thing. I\'ll look up the turtle listings for you.
  • Information