URGENT HELP!!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
benny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,
I am so worry. One of my RES have some weird movement these two days. He lived in a glass tank, in which there are some rocks for him to climb and bask. These two days, he start to stand on the rock and try to climb vertically (basically he is standing like human). First, I thought he is being excited and begging for food, but after I start seeing his eye blink alot (right eye only). I can see that he felt uncomfortable with his eye, I don\'t know what to do with his eye (with all his action i think he is telling me something). Can anyone tell me what\'s wrong with his eye, I never seen him like this before. His eye wasn\'t buffy or anything like that, but he blink alot and alot under the water and sometimes outside water. Can I do anything to help him?
deesygirl

Here is a few suggestions:
Check the clorine level in your tank. When you do a water change it helps if you use drops to remove clorine and cloromines from the water. Some local water supplies are really heavy on the clorine.

Do you feed him enough Vit. A? Sounds strange but a lack of Vit A can cause some eye problems.

Last but not least check the temp in your tank. Sometiems a low temp combined with a lack of Vit A can cause eye infections.
  • Information