RES died

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Kivey03
Level 1
Level 1

I don\'t know if any of you remember me but I posted alot of messages about a month and half ago about my RES. I got him and another one in september and in november he started gasping for breath stopped moving and growing. I called all the vets in my area and nobaody treated RES\'s anyway he died yesterday. What\'s so wierd is his appitite had picked up and he was moving around more. I told my Husband (joking) that he would probably die now well after 2 days of impoving I fed them, he moved around and swam and 10 minutes later I noticed him foating lifeless in the water and he was died! I was so shocked! Not really that he had died but because it was so sudden! It\'s so bad to say but we had wished for so long that he would die because we knew he was suffering -then he gets better to die! The other turtle -Mr. Piggy-I guess that tell you alot is a trip! he has gorwn triple in size and is constantly moving. Digging gravel on the bottom,begging for food,jumping in the water. He is just so funny! I want to get another one now and want to know what I should ask about to find a healthy one. The last ones were a gift. Thanks for listening (reading) K
deesygirl

:( :(
I am sorry to hear he did not make it. How big is your other turtle? You should try to find another the same size.
  • Information