female turtle extremely active more the normal

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
kah961

Hey!

I\'ve have two turtles, one male and one female. They are probably about 13 years old, I\'ve had them for a while now. Just this year I noticed the male doing the mating dance, But not sure if they have actually mated yet. The female turles, however, is extremely active and is eating the same. I heard that they are suppose to stop eating if they are pregnant. My turtles are in a 1 1/2ft by 1 1/2ft by 3 ft aquarium (homemade).. not sure how many gallons. It\'s almost a foot deep with water, and has shelf which they can glimb onto to bask in the heat. The female hasn\'t being basking anymore then usual but does show some iregular activity, like digging through the gravel at the bottom of the aquarium. So my question is, do you think this turtle is pregnant or not?
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

how big are your RES??? that doesnt seem like enough space for them. the rule of thumb is 10 gallons for every 1 inch of shell. if she is pregnant you should seperate her from the male so he doesnt bother her while she figures things out. she usually would slow down eating and dig into the floor to find a place to lay her eggs. theyll bask alot less also.
  • Information