HURT SLIDER TURTLE

Discussions about turtles.
CODY S
Level 2
Level 2

My dog got hold of my juvenile slider turtle. I noticed a crack on his shell that runs laterally. He is responsive, but his back legs are dragging. I touch them and they move, but when he tries to move, they drag. This just happened a few hours ago. I assume he has internal injuries. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
royalone
Level 1
Level 1

hello, about 2 summers back i had a turtle and my dog got a hold of him when i was changing his water and my turtle had 2 puncture holes on the top of his shell it took awhile to heal up but it did,he basked in the sun alot. Good luck with your turtle i hope he heals up
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

you should also take it to the vet and get it checked up so your turtle doesnt get infected. theyll give you a cream to put on it. good luck and keep us updated
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Damaged shells are dangerous if bacteria enters the wound. If his legs are dragging, he needs a vet. Try www.arav.org/USMembers.htm to find one if you don\'t have one already. Good luck.
cooter1
Level 1
Level 1

mariza wrote:
Damaged shells are dangerous if bacteria enters the wound. If his legs are dragging, he needs a vet. Try www.arav.org/USMembers.htm to find one if you don\'t have one already. Good luck.
at school, cody did say his legs were draging, and in the end of march it died.
  • Information