help turtle emergency

Discussions about turtles.

ok my mom and i got a turtle from a friend.he found the turtle in a street(it had almost got hit by a car)and he could be tramatized.his eyes are a bit blurry and he doesnt move around alot like our past turtles.how can i make his life enjoyable and what would be a good set up for him to live in(fish tank pond....ect)please help
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

alot depends on what type of turtle it is. is it a water turtle, land, or both? and what do you mean by his eyes are a bit blurry? he probably is hungry so feed it but first find out what kind of turtle it is. if it needs water get it ASAP and get the correct types of light to keep it healthy. find the right food and get it checked up by the vet to make sure everything is okey with it....including getting some eye drops or something. hope this helps alittle
turtlequeen of kathleen
Level 1
Level 1

i would not suggest keeping it. wild turtles need to stay in the wild. call around to some vets and see if anyone would be willing to relocate it. if not drive around and find a long standing body of water and release it. ive rescued many turtles in my years

Well then maybe I should turn mine loose? Its wild and I have had him for 4 days..not eating yet. He is a Slider. ANy advice. I\'d like to keep him now that I bought a tank and filter! LOL
  • Information