Waste Of Money On Feeders???

Discussions about turtles.
WlfKnigt
Level 2
Level 2

I recently baught 3 dollars worth of feeder goldfish(30). :( My turtle won\'t eat any of the fishes. I guess it isn\'t a meat eater because it also won\'t eat the mealworms I baught it. At least the fishes arn\'t harassing my turtle. It seems they live happy togeather. My turtle also still doesn\'t want to come out of the water to dry in the UV light bulb. It just stays in the water and sticks it\'s head out to get some air. It does NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I still love it but c\'mon. It doesn\'t even swim. When I let it crawl around my room he/she just heads to the nearest corner and sleeps. Please tell me this is normal in my turtle because I\'ll be sad if it doesn\'t do anything because it doesn\'t like me or is depressed :( Ohh and also, I baught it a bigger tank. The new tank is 24 by 12 inches and 16 1/2 inches high. How high should the water be???

it can be as high as the basking spot will alow
WlfKnigt
Level 2
Level 2

Umm.. The only fish my turtle tried to eat so far was a dead one. Is that normal???
spraggsbraydon2
Level 3
Level 3

Yes,my turtles do that too,but they also eat the live ones.try hand feeding your turtle a fish and then he will realise that they are edible.
  • Information