I see white spot on my Res shell, PLEASE HELP

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
plasmik
Level 2
Level 2

I posted a message about a month ago that my baby res had a small white spot on its shell and someone told me that it may be soft shell, I try taking it out of the water and letting it dry, but he doesnt really like that much, and now i got an additional basking area so that he can bask more and i see that he does, but however, i see that it hasnt helped much because the condition has worsen, now i see that there are three spots that are getting white, one is on the end of the shell, and the other is right next to the other spot, i noticed on the spot where it is really white, you can pull the skin of the shell up is this something i should worry right away? what can i do to stop it from getting worse? I hate to take him out of the tank and seperating him from his home, but is that soemthing that i should do? please help me, I dont want my baby res to get sick or for the condition to get serious. I been trying to read up on it and i dont see anything regarding this, If it helps i noticed that my baby res that has the problem tends to hang out inside inside the water alot, and doesnt bask as much as the other one, could this be the reason?

if someone could answer to this right away it would really be great

or email me : [email protected]

Thanks
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Last edited by mariza on Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
plasmik
Level 2
Level 2

The picture of Shell rot with the red circle area is similar, except that he has no puss, and its just white spots, is this still the same thing? what would you recommend that i do? if its expensive to take it to a vet, what are other ways that i can treat this problem? I will try and download the pics into my computer so you can get an idea.

Please email me so taht i can contact you directly to speak about this.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Since your turtle has had it for a while and it seems to be worse than before, taking him to a vet would be the best thing. Try www.arav.org/USMembers.htm for one near you.
  • Information