Advice for buying baby RESs

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Xtania X
Level 1
Level 1

:(. I had a friend who bought them from some scary women on the side of the road in boston. My friend had them stored in a tiny tank for about 6 months. I was asked to care for them while she went home to CA for our college winter break. I naturally felt bad for the little buggers and bought them the whole set up: 20 gallon tank, heater, filter, basking lamp and area, UVA/UVB light. I even bought them feeder fish for them to eat. They were doing pretty well for awhile. I had them for about 3 months. Then I went a way for 3 days, and one of them was dead. The other one was in really bad shape, so I took him to a vet. Anyway to make a long story short the other little guy didnt make it :(. I did everything I could to save him. I really enjoyed having them for pets, and really got attached to them. However I dont think I could get a couple more and have them get that sick because of how they were treated in the past, its just too sad. So I am wondering if there are any good ligitimate places to buy healthy baby RES turtles from?? I am not going to get anything right away, but definitely want to do some research so I can find some place good. IF anyone has any advice let me know!?
Last edited by Xtania X on Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NCCowgirl11
Level 2
Level 2

You can get you turtles form the same place that I got mine... They are certified health and see a vet before you get them ...Try www.artsofnature.com any more questions just email me let me know its about turtles...
hope this helps
  • Information