NOT EATING

Discussions about turtles.
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

hey, as you know i have 4 RES and 2 have not ate in 3 days now. i increased the temperature for awhile but they still wont eat. one of them took one bite but thats it. the other one just hides in its shell alot. what should i do>???
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

Give them some time to adjust, and keep the water and basking area at the temps previously recommended.
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

thanks for your help. yesterday i decided to try new food and got live fish. the 2 turtles that werent eating at atleast 3 bites of the fish! yay! im gonna feed them fish tongith, then the pellets tomarrow and day after, then back to the fish! thnx!

I am new at this turtle thing..a water turtle made its way into my garage 4 days ago and was all dried out. Being a kind person who takes everything in he or she is now my our pet. I set up the tank and gave him a place to rest and dry out with a light to keep him warm, but he hasnt eaten a thing since. I tried turtle pellets, tuna and I put some little gold fish in today. Should I turn him loose? Or is there hope? I sure dont want him to die!

Thank you
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

if it came from the wild, if i were you i would let it go in a safe area and in water if its a water turtle.
  • Information