Normal behavior or signs of sickness?

Discussions about turtles.
Myrtle
Level 1
Level 1

I have had my turtle for two months now and he is doing well. Tonight, he is worrying me though. Earlier, it looked like he spit up (or threw up) some digested food, but not a lot. Immediately afterwards though, he came up to the glass to see me (to beg for food). So I don\'t know why he spit up...

And now he fell asleep on his basking rock (even though the lights are on timers and turned off hours ago). He climbed up there like an hour ago (tonight) and fell asleep... Wait he just woke up and went back in the water.

Anyway, he does climb on his basking rock every once in a while after the light goes off and sits there for a little bit (although he usually doesn\'t fall asleep up there)and then goes back in the water... doesn\'t he know its his bedtime? He basks in the day (off and on depending if I am in the room and his mood). But why does he insist on going on the rock long after the lights go off? I have them on long enough.

He acts normal and eats normal in every other way that I can think of. I have a water heater and the appropriate lights as well.

Anyone else see their turts do this? Or is my turt just a night owl?
Any comments on the spitting up are also appreciated.
Me and Myrt. :)
NCCowgirl11
Level 2
Level 2

I have a question do you have your light on in your room where he is? My turtles woint go to sleep till it is totaly dark. Some times I think that they woint go to bed till their moma does. I came homee one time at 2:30 and they were waiting for me.... And does your turtle breath with an open mouth when its on the rock>?
Myrtle
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah- I have the room light on usually until I go to bed (which is usually pretty late due to work). However, I have come home plenty of times and he is sleeping in his corner spot in the water even with the room light on.
He sleeps with his mouth closed as far as I can see for the couple of times he fell asleep on the rock.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance.
Me and Myrt.
miss_quoia
Level 2
Level 2

my turtle goes to sleep after me and wakes up before me. I wonder if she ever sleeps*L* I did catch her resting next to the filter last night though.....but she begs for food in the morning...i\'d like to think she\'s excited to see me, but i know she just wants food
  • Information