type of slider?

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
jenn110908

We have some type of slider, looks just like a red eared except no \"red ear\" and it\'s plastron his orange, not yellow. (I don\'t have a personal site to post a picture) Any ideas would be great!

Sorry, I cannot help you because I have a similar turtle with identification problems. I received the turtle today from a wild animal rescue and no one there was sure about the coloring. It is a youth-aged slider. Cannot tell if it is a yellow-bellied or red ear. It has a (very light) pink stripe on the side of the head and the underside is all pink. Is this normal, or is she sick? Please help...
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

RES do not always have that red stripe--the color can range from pink, to orange to vivid red (and some have no color at all). I`ve never seen a YBS with coloring in its stripes. Could the turtle be a hybrid/a mix?
Last edited by mariza on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

I dont know how much this will help, but alot of painted turtles can have oragne plastrons.
Turtle-Girl137
Level 1
Level 1

I had a turtle like that. His stomach was orange and he was a slider. I think its called an orange-bellied slider.
TurtleMotherOfFour
Level 2
Level 2

there is also such a thing as a normal slider which means the markings are yellow isntead of red
Razor_Reptile

Your turtle is a Red-Eared Slider. Some times they develop and during their development the body excludes the gene that causes the red marking behind the eyes. Your turtle is still classified as a Red-Eared Slider. Another explanation is it may be a hybrid of Painted Turtle mixed with Red-Eared Slider. When they mix the red marking is often lost.
  • Information