please help me

Discussions about turtles.
amandalynn

My turtles are getting bigger and im thinking that they would be alot happier in the wild but im scared to let them free because theyre so used to me feeding them and they would have no chance of survival. Is this true?
deesygirl

Please do not turn them loose. Your turtle will not survive in the wild.
How long have you had your turtle and how big is it? You might just need a bigger tank for it. If you really just do not want to keep it anymore there are turtle rescues. If that is your decision let us know what area you are in so that we can direct you to one closest to you.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

You\'ve had your turtles since they were babies and the only person they know is you/the people where you live? They will NOT be happier if you release them. They have not aquired the skills to live in the wild (how could a turtle be happier having to forage for food and sometimes going without when s/he has been given food and lived in a warm, clean habitat (I\'m assuming)? Also, having lived in captivity they could transmit diseases to the native population of turtles.

If, as was said, you don\'t feel you can take care of them, consider giving them to a rescue operation/rehoming agency.
  • Information