Water/Filter Fluval 304 Problems

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
jennb101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me. I have a fluval 304 filter and I am having problems with the water. It seems that the water turns yellow about a week or two after we change the filter. The only thing that I can think of if the we don\'t use all the media stuff possible. We use 3 bags of carbon, the sponges and the pre filter media. I was wondering if anyone else out there used anything else in their filters and could give me some suggestions. Also my turtle is getting big-how big of a tank should I have him in? Thanks so much.

Jenn :)
Zard0z

First only wash out the white filters and resuse them. second is never clean all of the filter at the same time. There are good bacteria and you want to keep some. So only clean part of your filter media at one time. Try a media called \"bio-mass\".
Use 1 pre-filter 2 carbon 3 bio-mass.

I have heard folks say that for two RES turtles you should have at least a 55gal long tank and above.

Good Luck!
  • Information