Small Turtle

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
NCCowgirl11
Level 2
Level 2

I Have had three Red ear sliders for about 5 months now and only two have grown larger since I got them. I have one really large one another midium one and one that is still the same size as when I got it. I know that it eats and that the water is clean. Is there something that Im missing? Am I not doing something for her that I should?????????
chanman
Level 2
Level 2

i worried about the same thing. I have five 6 month olds and 1 of them is still the same size as when I first bought him.
I was told by my vet that turtles grow at different rates. It also may be congenital. Don\'t worry. As long as he is eating and acting normally then he should be alright.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

If you feed your turtles together, just make sure the others aren\'t hogging the food and that the little one is getting enough. As long as he appears healthy, though (active and eating), there shouldn\'t be a problem with his smaller size.
jessie2004

I adopted a baby turtle who is a 1 year old and only 2 inches he is very small for his age. The other turtle that was in with him took food from the little guy, literally out of his mouth. because of the lack of food he never grew. Since he has been in my house all he does is eat and he is slowly growing. Make sure tha tall your turtles are getting the same amount of food.
xbux
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 baby RES turtles for about 2 months now and one is a lot bigger than the other one. One is thinner and the shell is thinner than the other one. The other one is VERY FAT and BIG! but he is also very cute. I\'m just wondering if there is somethng wrong with that. I see that i put food in the tank and there would always be left overs, so i dont think the other one is stealing food. I do see the other one eat too.. Is this a problem?
  • Information