IS MY TURTLE SICK?!!??!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
xbux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, im not sure if my turtle is sick or if this is normal. I am new with turtles.

Heres the situation:

I have 2 RES baby turtles about a little bit bigger than the size of a quarter.

The girl\'s name is LALA and the guy\'s name is HAHA. =)

Well, one turtle (HAHA) is MUCH lighter than the other turtle (LALA). HAHA\'s shell color is very very light green, so light green its almost grass yellow color. LALA is dark green. so i was worried if HAHA is sick.

Another thing: HAHA seems very bloated because he seems very fat, his legs are fat and the meat is almost on the verge of hanging out of the shell.

Another thing: they are both very active and they are eating and releasing very normally. They are currently eating baby turtle pellets and sometimes i give them little tiny peices of white chicken meat.

IS THIS NORMAL!?!?? PLEASE REPLY BACK. I AM WORRIED THAT MAYBE HE IS SICK AND WILL DIE!! THEY ARE VERY SMALL!!
xbux
Level 1
Level 1

another thing, is their shell suppose to be soft at the end near their tail?
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

It is very normal for Res turtles to differ in shades of green it just sounds like they differ in looks thats all:)One way to tell if your turtle is obese is if they cannot fully retract their arms and legs into their shell. The rule for feeding is to feed your turtle as much as he/she can fit into their head not necks. Since they are hatchlings you would still feed them twice a day. If you think he is fat just make sure to start feeding him according to the general rule even if he looks adorable when he begs you for food.As for the shell baby turtles shells tend to be soft when they are young. As long as you have a UVB light available to him he should be fine.
Good luck
  • Information