my turtles aren't eating!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
slmjTURTLES
Level 1
Level 1

hello everybody, i would greatly appreciate help with this! my boyfriend and i just got two baby turtles (and i mean babies, they are the size of quarters) 6 days ago, and they are not eating! i understand they may be in shock because i do not know how they were handled prior to us getting them, but we are really worried by now. i am a new turtle owner, but he has two others for about 10 years, so he has experience. we have tried to feed them freeze-dried plankton, guppies, stick pellets, and even tuna (because i read on this site that baby turtles tend to be carnivorous)...any advice would be greatly appreciated! please help! we love these turtles!
LuciasAmen-ra
Level 3
Level 3

okay, thats what i have (the lil cute turtles) it took them as long about 3-6 days before they would eat. u should have the water temp. up to and around 80-5 degrees, try getting little dried shrimp, mine loves them.
slmjTURTLES
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your response! we will definitely turn up the temp then and see what happens...we had it about 70, then i read on this site how the average was about 76, so we turned it up then, i guess we'll turn it up even more and keep hope!

p.s.: the "slmj" stands for the four turtles: shelly, leo, and the new additions, molly and jack!
  • Information