hatchling setup

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

I am going to be receiving 3 map hatchlings and 2 painted hatchlings tomorrow. I am a current map turtle owner, but I received snoopy as an adult, so I am a bit new to the baby turtle area. I am only going to be holding onto the painteds until next week when I am giving them to someone else, and I need to make up a temporary setup for all five babies (that will be the home for my 3 until the grow out of it).

I have all of the necessities (tank, cover, heater, filter, basking area, spot light, uv light, water thermometer)

I am wondering what the optimal water depth is. I am pretty sure that for maps it can be as deep as I want as long as there is an easily accessible place to rest, am I right? Is this also true for the painteds I am babysitting?

Thank you!
snoopy
Level 3
Level 3

snoopy wrote:
I am going to be receiving 3 map hatchlings and 2 painted hatchlings tomorrow. I am a current map turtle owner, but I received snoopy as an adult, so I am a bit new to the baby turtle area. I am only going to be holding onto the painteds until next week when I am giving them to someone else, and I need to make up a temporary setup for all five babies (that will be the home for my 3 until the grow out of it).

I have all of the necessities (tank, cover, heater, filter, basking area, spot light, uv light, water thermometer)

I am wondering what the optimal water depth is. I am pretty sure that for maps it can be as deep as I want as long as there is an easily accessible place to rest, am I right? Is this also true for the painteds I am babysitting?

Thank you!
  • Information