Live Plants?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
MyBuddyandMe
Level 1
Level 1

What kind of live plants are alright for sliders? I have fabric plants in my tank now... but he is tring to eat them now, so im thinking of going to live plants....Thanks for you help...
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

My turtle liked amazon swords and loves romaine lettuce:) Here is a list of plant matter your turtle could eat:
Anarchis
Amazon swords
water hyacinths
water lilies
elodia
duckweed
Romaine lettuce
The only problem with live plants is the mess they make my turtle tears them up and doesnt even eat what he rips off so my tank gets dirty quickly. So after a while i made the decision to just give him romaine lettuce and carrots when it comes to plant matter because its cheaper, easier to find, and less messy.
Ps. I have a list of things that are poisonous as well but i didnt want to post it because i was afraid you wouldnt really read that it was POISONOUS and you would feed it to your turtle so if you want that ill give it to you just ask me to post it.
Good Luck:)
MyBuddyandMe
Level 1
Level 1

Yea that might be good to have once he starts eating plants..so if you dont mind, I would like to have it... Thanks
  • Information