Basking Area!!

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
MyBuddyandMe
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I have a 29gal tank, and need to get a new basking area.. what should i use to build one? any input will be helpful!!!

I was thinking of useing bricks to build it up, but what to cover it with?

Please Help!!!
MyBuddyandMe
Level 1
Level 1

Ohh yea I have a slider....
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Good luck:)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
critterlover63
Level 2
Level 2

I just happened upon a really neat one on the internet.... The site is Petdiscounters.com They have a unique floating island turtle platform that comes in 3 sizes. I got the medium one and my turtles love it!! It is really lightweight and a lot easier to deal with when cleaning your tank. It is made by ZooMed and is quite inexpensive. I like it MUCH better than the brick thing as I struggled with that method for too long! Good Luck!
Peanut1108
Level 1
Level 1

critterlover63 wrote:
I just happened upon a really neat one on the internet.... The site is Petdiscounters.com They have a unique floating island turtle platform that comes in 3 sizes. I got the medium one and my turtles love it!

I have been to the site but which did you get? The dock, ramp, or the Island? I have 2 red ears & a map turtle in a 20L tank. I have no clue what to get and got so frustrated that I made my own by using the reptile hamock & ladder. I wanted to build my own but were do I start? Any info would be great
Prime
Level 1
Level 1

this is what I use and my turtles love it.

ZooMed Turtle Dock
http://www.petco.com/product_info.asp?f ... ories&ct3=

There are other sizes I believe.
kujo 5
Level 2
Level 2

I sujest u get a peice of plexigalss that is the width of your tank and has enough room for your 3 turtles to all be on at once, then simply silicone it to the sides with 100%silicone.Then get a ramp of some sort, I weighted down a peice of cork wood with a rock, I did this by putting a stainless steel screw into the rock through the wood.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

the small at petco is 9.99 and the small at reptile direct is 7.95. Id go with reptile direct. and you can choose from small to large with very good prices. heres the link to the product --->http://www.reptiledirect.com/index.asp? ... ProdID=733
Last edited by m1key72988 on Thu May 13, 2004 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information