adopting out turtles

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone know the process for adopting out baby eastern painted turtles??? Me and my friends are thinking about doing this because every spring hatchlings are born at a local factory and they tend to wander into the factory and get crushed to death:~( There is literally tons of these dead babies in piles that are about a foot or two high. It is so sad to see this every year and not be able to do anything about it when tons of people would be happy to own these lil guys:)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
miss_quoia
Level 2
Level 2

i\'m not sure about the process, but i\'d love to adopt one if you find out

I would also love to adopt one if you find out! It is so terrible that no one has done anything about this tragedy!
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

I will definitely keep you in mind if we figure out the process for adopting out baby turtles. Anyone with any advice please help us so we can help these baby turtles:~(

PLEASE ANYONE
slidersroc
Level 3
Level 3

thats so sad... do you plan on just giving them away to people? if you find any living ones you could ship them out in next day air, make sure there secure, and either put a hot or cold pack in there

i\'d love to get one so please keep me in mind.

be sure to place a sticker that says live animal on the box.

again i\'d really really love to have one so rember the name :tim

Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Beings i dont know the adoption process i cant adopt them out but if i find any would you still be interested in having one:p
wisp_13
Level 2
Level 2

That is horrible that they get crushed and no one cares! I would ball my eyes out if my turtle Harley got crushed! I would be more than happy to provide a home for as many little guys as you can get! :)
  • Information