Turtle is Sick, Need help

Discussions about turtles.
dvogel2004

My turtle has an eye infection. I read on the first aid to use Salen Solution. After applying a few drops to his eyes he already seems a little better. My problem is, this might sound bad, I dont know what type of turtle it is. I think it is a red ear turtle because of the two red marks on his head. I have him in a 20 gallon tank filled half way with water with a heater. I am not even sure if he is suppose to be in water because I see other pictures of the same looking turtle in water tanks and dry land tanks. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

If its a red ear slider it should be in a aquatic setup. Red ear sliders shouldnt be housed in terrariums, your set up sounds fine for now, does it have a basking area???
dvogel2004

no not at the moment. i tried making one using rocks but he didnt want to go on them. i live in massachusetts and they are illegal here. a friend gave it to my girlfriend three years ago. i was thinking of going to CT to find something that would work. Do you have any suggestions?
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Good luck:D
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information