Waste Degrader

Discussions about turtles.
speedy'smom
Level 2
Level 2

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on Waste degrader products with turtles? Does anyone feel it is useful? Harmful?

We have been using \"Biotize Probiotic Waste Degrader\" and it seemed to help keep the water clean, but I haven\'t seen it mentioned often on various websites.
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I am not sure what a waste degrader is. I do use Proquatics water clarifier. It causes the larger debris to sit at the bottom and keeps the water clear. It is good too for when you change the water and it is becomes cloudy white.
speedy'smom
Level 2
Level 2

Sounds like maybe it\'s similar, because we noticed that the water was clearer as well instead of cloudy after water changes. The package says: \"Eliminates organic waste build-up in gravel, filters and on submersed surfaces, reduces odors, solubilizes organic waste\" It says \"use biotize to complement filters for beneficial bacteria build-up and to reduce odors associated with decaying waste\" here is a link to the website showing the product

http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/rep ... 9850010101
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedy'smom
Level 2
Level 2

I think that it seems to leave the water looking cleaner longer and my tank doesn\'t seem to smell. We really noticed a difference also after cleaning that it helped take the cloudiness out of the water. I will buy it again. And it is inexpensive enough.
m1key72988
Level 3
Level 3

I try not to add any chemicals to my tank that arnt nessacary, If you have a good filter and change the water enough you shouldnt need a waste degrader. IMO
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

speedy\'smom wrote:
I think that it seems to leave the water looking cleaner longer and my tank doesn\'t seem to smell. We really noticed a difference also after cleaning that it helped take the cloudiness out of the water. I will buy it again. And it is inexpensive enough.
Thank you for your advice on this waste degrader product it helps to here it from someone who has used the product:D
  • Information