Im new with my turtle and it ende up sick please help me!!

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
Fobo2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have a brand new turtle its kinda like a medium size male Red Eared Slider. I already had him over a month. Name is herbie. Well it all started when i saw my friends have 2 res for about 4 years and i helped them out a lot. i thouhght it was very easy to take care of it so i brought one of my own. They have no filter ,heater, lamp, like 10 cups of water in the tank and they dont even take care of them. But i didnt know turtles get sick. when i brought mines i lasted a week with it eating and it bieng ok. but then i fed it a live fish. then 2 days later it started to not eat anymore and then its eyes started to close and stay shut like if he would never open them again. i did not know what to do. so i called all my friends i knew that had expierence with turtles they all recomended turtle eye drops ok so i brought it.then ive been calling the vet and ask by phone they did not know but they said to bring it in. but i cant cause i cant afford it. now i went to the pet store and they said maybe its hibernating. then i went to the pet store that i brought my turtle at. they recomended a heater turtle eye drops and some medication called FURACYN. i have tried it nothing works. i went to the internet and to many webpages none worked at all. exept here where im asking you right now. please help i dont know what to do. i really dont want my turtle to die.please help. and heres my email you can contact me their if you want. [email protected] please reply as soon as possible. thank you
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

I would browse this site it is very helpful:
http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/emergencies.htm
Good luck
sorry i couldnt help you more
Fobo2
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks but i just was there right now but it its does not say my problem because my turtle has its eyes closed and it dosent eat. but then it says to go to the vet but i cant afford it .. Thanks enyways. But can you try to get some more info.. thanks..