Is this Normal?

Discussions about turtles.
plasmik
Level 2
Level 2

In the past i have posted threads asking if its ok to have two turtles in the same tank and i had most replies saying that when my res get older they may not be so friendly or get along so i may have to seperate them, is it normal to have them both get along? it seems like they get along very well but my question is, is it ok or normal to have my turtles sleep on top of eachother, one lays on top of the others shell, they do this every night, is this ok or normal? does this just mean that they are very close? should i worry?
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Are you sure they are sleeping? (wink, wink) LOL If they are sleeping that is normal as well.Some turtles get along and some dont. This is ok i guess you just got lucky with your turtles:)
Good luck with them
sbgol80
Level 2
Level 2

It sounds fine. The two turts I have in the same tank get along just fine. They have all sorts of sleeping positions. I used to worry because I have a hiding place for them in the bottom of the tank and only one way out. One would sleep under the hiding spot and the other just at the entrance. So I was concerned she couldn\'t get out if she needed to. But, I watched and when she needed to get out, she just sorta pushed at the other and made her way out.
  • Information