Possibly pregnant?

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
Clemintine3

I have three RES. one is about 5 inches, the 2nd about 4, and the 3rd about 3. Recently i have discovered the big and medium turtle doing the mate call. i feel my turtles are too small to tell their sex, and today the bigger turtle has been acting different.. just laying at the bottom of hte water tank in hte corner. Are my other two turtles too small to actually mate witht the big one? i dont know which out of hte big/med turtle is male or female.... help?!
natt
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i wouldnt really worry too much. I have two turtles both 4 inches and theyre doing the mating dance but apparently its just like flirting until they are big enough to mate - bout 5 inches/ or 5 years old. the smaller turtles are not able to mate yet as they are way too small, they shouldnt be interested yet. hope i helped you somewhat.
males are usually smaller and have longer claws also their tails are fatter/longer.
  • Information