What kind of turtle....

Discussions about turtles.
Kyla77
Level 2
Level 2

What kind of turtle do you guys recomend for a pet?
Kyla77
Level 2
Level 2

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

I have an eastern painted turtle and he has beautiful markings. i love him sooo much. Eastern painted turtles are energetic which is a thrill to watch and they are sooo cute when they bask they also seem to be very alert. My friend has a red ear slider but i personally dont think they are as pretty. Also they are supposed to get bigger than painteds meaning you will have to spend more money to house it. I have red on many sites that RES are not good for your first turtle. Another thing is my friend has been to the vet 3 times so far for this turtle and i have not yet had to see the vet for mine.(knock on wood) I hope you choose a painted they are beautiful turtles. Good luck:>
chanman
Level 2
Level 2

I got 5 RES as my first turtles. They are a lot of work but I think that\'s the same with all other turtles. It\'s worth putting the time in feeding/cleaning/playing with them since they\'re so cute and funny to watch.

I guess it depends on if you want an aquatic or land turtle...
Kyla77
Level 2
Level 2

OH I was thinking of getting a land turtle.
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

My best friend suggests you get a eastern box turtle because you can house them in a long clear plastic rubbermaid with one side filled with dirt and the other water.
  • Information