Is there anyone who can answer my question???

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I have a different filter but it uses activated carbon filter. I really dont know about charcoal. I would think that would work. You can buy the carbon to put in the media filter. I have a media filter that I fill with stuff like pillow stuffing and then the regular filter cartridges that are a material like something you would scrub pots with and contained activated carbon. We all know these tanks need all the filtration they can get to make our cleaning job easier and the turtle\'s water cleaner. I dont see why this would be a problem for you to use. Just be sure there is not a hole in the stocking and it is tied good. I had a really crappy filter first that expelled pieces of carbon out in the tank and i was worried about my turtle eating it and either getting sick or getting it impacted.
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you very much for replying see i didnt want to chance it without seeing what someone else thinks about it. See im a lil overprotective with my squirt(my eastern painted). I guess its better to be overprotective than not protective at all:>
Thanx again
  • Information