my new turtle needs a name

Discussions about turtles.
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

i just got a 50 gallon long aquarium for christmas and today i got another african sideneck. i am trying to think of a name for him. i have these names so far, Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael (teenage mutant ninja turtles). here is his description if it helps with the name: he is a light brown or a tan color, about 8 1/2in across the shell, his head looks kind of like an alligator head from above, his shell looks alot like a pattern of slate rock or stepping stones. thank you to everyone who helps think of a name or votes for a name. please offer a new name or vote for any name offered or of any from the teenage mutant ninja turtles. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPS OUT.
Emily W
Level 1
Level 1

Never seen the show (teenage muntant ninja turtles), but maybe you could wait a little on the name and get to know his personality... then pick the name of the one that he is most like??

My two were Nameless and No Name, it stuck, so just a few days ago, they got middle names No Name Jerry and Nameless Billie (a girl).

Good luck!
DebDeb
Level 2
Level 2

Mine are Clhoe, Toby, and Ohana. But to keep in sync with your others, how about d\'Artagnan?
Herbertluver
Level 2
Level 2

I think any of the turtle names you have mentioned are good, but first see what his personality is like. If he is playful than I would go with Michealangelo. If he is kind of a hot head then I\'d go with Raphael.
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

PERSONALITY SO FAR: for the day i have had him he has not come out of the water yet, he likes to explore the tank and just swim around it going in circles, when franklin is swimming around he usually hides under one of the filters until he gets bored then he just swims around. he seems to be afraid of franklin sometimes, other times he is really frendly and they play together. they both seem to enjoy the company of eachother.
Heather
Level 3
Level 3

How about Stone E. ? <stoney>
Last edited by Heather on Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rfox
Level 3
Level 3

If you have only had the turtle for a day or two it is not accustomed to your place. Give it time to get to know you. Get to know the personality and then pick the name. Our RES didn\'t get named until her color finally set and her personalit came out now her name is Lucy for Lucille Ball because she acts just like Lucy in the I Love Lucy show.
chris jones
Level 2
Level 2

i have narrowed the names down to Michaelangelo, raphael, stoney.

If your first turtle is named Franklin, why not stick with the presidential theme and go with Jefferson? Just a thought.
  • Information