new tank

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
reesie
Level 1
Level 1

ok,,setting up a 10 gallon tank,,, got a turtle ramp,, plants to hide in,, heater, filter,, uv,, heat lamp comes tomorrow,,, got cuttlebone for him,,he\'s got plenty of room to swim around,,, all i gotta do now is wait on the waterto get warm enough so he doesnt freeze to death!!!! he seems to be doin pretty good,,, he swims alot,, stares alot!!! wonder how long it\'ll take for the water to get at least 75??
sbgol80
Level 2
Level 2

I let my heater set in the water unplugged for about 20 minutes so it can read the water temp. Then I set what degree I want for the water and plug er in. Doesn\'t take too long for the water to heat up, especially in a 10 gal. I just got a new tank too for two of my RES...60 gal. I\'m running out of space in my room!
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I put the water in at the correct temp before I put the turtle in. I took it from the tap and checked the temp for it to be correct, then added it to the tank. Then I adjusted the heater so it went off at the right temp.
reesie
Level 1
Level 1

when i changed out his water couple days ago,, i adjusted it at the tap, was ALOT easier,,also,, can you use like a suction hose to the stuff from around the rocks? i\'ve thought bout puttin a sucker fish in with him to help keep tank mess down
bonnie_lynn2001
Level 3
Level 3

you said u have a sucker fish w/ ur turtle and he don\'t eat him
i wanted to get one but i was told the turtle would try to eat him?
how long is the sucker in w/ ur turtle
  • Information