Got a problem with bulb

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Herbertluver
Level 2
Level 2

I purchased a 50w exo terra tight beam basking bulb. I originally wanted to purchase a 25w since my tank is only ten gallons. The 50w was too much it lights up my entire tank. Do any of you know if a regular 25w bulb would be okay to put in place of the 50w basking bulb. In addition to my bulb difficulties I have realized that his basking log is beginning to become to small and I would like to upscale the size of his basking spot both in height and width, any suggestions?
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I use a regular 75 watt light with my 10 gal tank, right over the basking area. It keeps the temp the 7-10 degrees more than the water. That is all that is necessary.
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

If you\'ve only got a 10 gallon tank and you want to make the basking area larger, that doesn\'t leave much space for your turtle to swim in. How big is he?

To maximize the swimming space in any tank, it\'s good to have a basking area/platform that doubles as the top of a hiding spot so that the turtle has room to swim underneath it.
  • Information