My coco\'s gone

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
coco's mom

Hi everyone, I\'m new to this message board. I had wanted to get some information about my red slider coco, she had been sick for a long time. Her eyes were swollen shut and
she wasn\'t eating. After reading a few posts from this site I gathered that her water was probably too cold. After buying a heating pad and changing her water more frequently she started to get better, her bright eyes returned and he had become a little perkier.
Unfortunately, while I was doing some chores just moments age, coco drowned in the tank I had just cleaned for her. She had flipping over on her back all morning and falling in the water, but I had been there to help her over. But when I walked away she fell over and was unable to turn herself over. I feel like it\'s my fault, inadvertenly I\'ve drowned my poor turtle. I know there\'s nothing anyone can do for us now, it was too late to revive her and she was a little thing. I just needed to vent to people who might understand. I think I\'m too shook up to even think about getting a new turtle, I went thru alot with coco. Anyway, thanks for reading.
TurtleMama
Level 2
Level 2

I am so sorry you lost Coco! Turtles are so sweet and great pets. I know you took good care of her but these things can happen. She probably was weak to begin with. How deep was her water or did she just get wedged against a rock?
Herbertluver
Level 2
Level 2

I am very sorry for your loss. One of my greatest fears is that one of my pets will die leaving me with feelings like the ones you are experiencing. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Information