We Have a SPECIES!!!

Discussions about turtles.
OkinawaMel
Level 1
Level 1

And its about time!!! It took getting someone to translate for me but I know that our little black turtle ( Cosmo ) is a Reeve\'s turtle or a Chinemys Reevesii. And after my research have learned tons of helpful info!

My newset question is, whether or not I can leave my RES with him...... and the saga continues!!!
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

The Reeves turtle is native to Japan and some nearby Asian countries (they\'re really neat). I\'ve always read that it\'s not recommended to keep turtles from different regions together (RES are originally from the U.S.). I may be wrong, but isn\'t a Reeves less aquatic than a RES (a full-grown RES will need a lot of water).
Doing more research on what the best habitat for a Reeves as opposed a RES would be helpful.
OkinawaMel
Level 1
Level 1

Our Reeve\'s ( Cosmo ) is semi-aquatic and will not get very big so, we know that eventually we will have to get another larger tank for Wanda ( RES) for now they seem to be enjoying each other. Now that I know what Cosmo is I have researched him like crazy. Reeve\'s seem to be a lot less up keep than the RES.

I am just relieved that I know what he is now!! LOL
  • Information