CAN RES liVe On LAND?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Jude
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I have some friend is HONG KONG that have RES, and they just let them run around the house..without having a tank or anything...I was told REs need water to eat, and poo..and do everything...my friends just put them in the bath tub once in a while...den the RES are really happy!..I know its also because of the temp in HK is good..but why can they live without the water?
Herbertluver
Level 2
Level 2

RES need water since they not only eat and deficate in the water, but they also drink from the water. If the RES is only in water once in a while he is not having ready access to water which can cause dehydration. Your friend should have bought a tortoise instead of a water turtle if he or she intended to keep the turtle primarily on land.
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I couldn\'t have said it better.
Herbertluver wrote:
RES need water since they not only eat and deficate in the water, but they also drink from the water. If the RES is only in water once in a while he is not having ready access to water which can cause dehydration. Your friend should have bought a tortoise instead of a water turtle if he or she intended to keep the turtle primarily on land.
  • Information