WAter?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
Jude
Level 2
Level 2

I I choose to use bottled water by Reverse Osmosis and use it for my turtle, will there be any harm done to my tutrle?..because sometimes when I clean the water, I can\'t get the water to warm up fast enough..so I can use my bottle water I use for drinking..which is just aat room temp so it is faster to warm up...since I have big bottles..I have a 40 gallon rubbermaid..which i fill half way
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I dont know what your filter takes out of the water, but the turtle needs the minerals in the water. Tap water is fine, just use a dechlorinator or let it sit 24 hours before using it. I would worry about subjecting your turtle to water temp changes like that. I have come to know how warm the water feels from the tap to be the right temp. I still watch my thermometer when I put it in the tank. If you are using water that isnt warm enough you may want to take a small portion of it and heat it on the stove a little bit and then add it to the tank, watching the thermometer and adjust it accordingly by adding water that is not heated.
Jude
Level 2
Level 2

So i could used boiled water?..I live In Vancouver...and the water from the tap is very cold....I could use small amounts of boiled water to adjust the temp?
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

You wouldnt necessarily need to boil it, but warm it up. Be sure though that you have a thermometer in the tank when adding water and that the turtle IS NOT in the tank so as not to freeze or burn it. I would mix the cold water and hot water in a container and then check it with a thermometer before adding it to the aquarium. Be sure it is 78-82 degrees. You want to be especially careful of temp and drafts with the cold weather there so it doesnt get a resp. infec.
  • Information