new setup question

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
drunkfish3

I started a setup for an about three inch RES. It is 30 gal rubbermaid container 33\"Lx 18\"Wx14\"H. I have a Regent 170 it is a penguin without the biowheel/ a 24\" stripe light with a Zoomed 5.0 UVB bulb. a ebo jager 100w heater and a desk lamp with a 60w bulb over a basking aread i made out of some rocks and slate. i am getting on monday a Zoomed porciline basking lamp and stand and a 100w basking bulb. this is my first turtle. i was give two by someone who didn\'t want them and i gave one to my brother. Is there anything i am missing? or any advice? does anyone use a rubbermaid container do i have to worry about the basking light melting it?

thank you
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

Sounds like you are on your way. I am not sure about melting issues and I know a few have used the containers. I figure it will be ok as long as it is not in contact with the plastic. The only concern I have is a heater. You need a submersible heater. Keep it away from the plastic though. The water temp should be between 78-82. The basking 7-10 degrees warmer. Sounds like you have done well other wise! Good luck.
  • Information