Going on vacation for a month... what to do with tank?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
kb48542
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I\'m a junior in college and my winter break is coming up... this will be the first time I am leaving the tank alone for more than four days... my turt is coming with me to stay in my fiance\'s tank (he has two turtles). I will be gone for about a month and I want to know, should I empty all the water out and cut off the filter? If so, how should I do that? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I would take this time to empty the tank and clean it good before you come back and put him back in. Be sure the other turtles aren\'t sick, or yours before putting them all together. Also watch for aggression and other problems that may arise by introducing a new one to the tank. As well, if it isnt big enough they may begin to become aggressive too. 10 gal per inch of shell on each turtle. If possible you might want to take your tank with you, just in case.
  • Information