PLEASE ADVISE - on TRAVELING by Air...

Discussions about turtles.
Abby
Level 2
Level 2

Does anyone know the policy for carrying a turtle in an airplane? I don\'t wish to leave my precious turtle alone for 3 weeks and decided to take it with me. It\'s only 3x2 in size, any advise would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again for your continous support and guidance.
sbgol80
Level 2
Level 2

Hey, a while back i had a RES and I believe it was on United that I flew on. I put it in a carrying case that I could put a little water in and took it on the plane..no problem. However, I think due to pressure, altitude whatnot, it almost immediately died after being back on the ground...within a couple days. It stopped eating, always had it\'s head dragging on the ground and it just passed. I don\'t know if it was because of the plane ride, but it was totally healthy before it went airborne. I wouldn\'t recommend it but maybe a vet or someone else can tell you different.
Abby
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you. I refuse to take that change with my little guy. I rather drive than put my RES through all that trauma. Thanks so much for your help. Best regards, HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!
i_love_turtles
Level 1
Level 1

I bought my turtles abroad and of course when it was time to come home i was in a bit of a dilema cos i think its illegal. in the end i bought a plastic container with my hand luggage and whilst going through customs i kept my turt in my pocket. when i got on the plane i poured a bottle of water i had into the container and put the turt in and everything was ok. My turt was fine when it landed and in full health.
i hope this helps!
  • Information