HELP! Blinking alot/closing eyes...:(

Post your turtle first aid questions here.
tmnterminator

Hi all...newbie here...I need some assistnace and would appreciate any help/advice you could offer...

I have 2 RES and up until a few days have been fine...I\'ve noticed that both have them have started to blink their eyelids alot or close them completely alot more frequetnly than usual...other than that, theyhave been fine..they\'ve been basking, eating great, and still swimming around like little madmen...i\'ve noticed no discharge, swollen eyelids (or anything else), and overall, besides they eye thing, they seem to be perfectly healthy...but its got me so worried that something really bad may happen to them...so please anyone out there who could help..please take the time to do so...thanks and have a great night...

Danny
deesygirl

It sounds as though they may have a minor eye irritation. Do you use a declorinator for your water? They may be suffuring from clorine or cloromines in the tank.

I would also watch for any other symptoms. Excess basking, poor appetite, swelling or discharge from the eyes. If they develope any of these I would take them to the vet.
tmnterminator

thanks...so far none of those other symtpoms have occured..hopefully it is just some minor irritation...thanks again!!
  • Information