What VEGETABLES are better?

Discussions about turtles.
Abby
Level 2
Level 2

Please let me know if Cucumber\'s are good for Red Ear Sliders or suggest all the best vegetables suitable for my RES. Thank you in advance for all your help.

All the best,

Abby
chanman
Level 2
Level 2

I hear that carrots, squashes, and romaine lettuce is good for them.

My RESes don\'t like the carrots.. maybe because they\'re still too young. But they love romaine, especially the red leaves.
OkinawaMel
Level 1
Level 1

mine love brocoli, and fresh green beans its the funniest thing I\'ve ever seen. I think it really depends on your turts.
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

You have to watch about giving too much broccoli, spinach, cabbage family or bananas. These deplete, I think it is Vit A. If you are lucky enough to find a good veggie yours will eat use that, but mix it up. Mine is very picky and I can only get him to eat romaine right now. Carrots are suppose to be very good, but mine wont eat it. My sisters turtoise loved grape leaves. I havent tried them yet. Dandelion also, but if you get them from outside, becareful of any pesticides or herbicides that may have been sprayed
mariza
Level 4
Level 4

http://www.turtlepuddle.org/health/turtlefood.html for suggestions on what and what not to feed your turtle.
pho32
Level 1
Level 1

im supposing all of this is raw, no preperations of the food, correcT?
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah, they eat in the wild raw veggies, so no cooking needed. There are more vitamins when it is raw. Cooking depletes them.
  • Information