is it ok?

Post any questions you have about a turtle indoor setup here. Or if you have a link to your indoor setup picture we would love to see it.
turtlemommy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all i just want to know it is safe to put gravel in the turtle tank cause i heard that the turtles might eat the gravel and also what kind of sand can i use for them and is sand the only reason for the eggs to be put in incase if my female gets pregnat or can i have it in there just for looks as well and wont the sand clog up my filteration and i also heard that the dye on the gravel might harm the turtles am i right on this cause right now i have rocks in my tank and i cant get them all clean so maybe i will try the gravel if its safe to put in well i would like some input ok. happy thanksgiving to you and your family. oh is it ok if my turtles can have turkey meat?cooked that is?
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

Gravel is a no no because the turtles can eat it and it get impacted in their intestines. I use small river rocks, about the size of nickles. It is much easier to clean than the gravel. I scoop them all out and lay them in the tub and wash water over them, rolling them around. Sand would be too difficult to clean as well.
Tinkerbell
Level 3
Level 3

Good luck
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Information