Help ,Pregnant terrapin that won\'t lay egg.

Here you can direct all your questions about turtle breeding and what to do about those eggs you found that your turtle laid.
engchonboon

Hi everybody,

I\'ve a pair of male yellow bellied and a female red ear slider and they both around 5 years old. Recently, i\'ve found some egg shell while cleaning their tank. So i assume that the female is pregnant, they\'ve been mating for quite sometime now, i\'ve even a footage of it.

Anyway, i knew that i had to allow the female terra to lay her eggs as it\'s dangerous for her to keep it in the body. I\'ve put her on a 50% mixture of vermiculite and moist sand with a light bulb shining overhead. The laying medium is at least 6 inches deep. I\'ve let her there everyday for more than a week and she\'s still not laying. I\'m concern about her health as the eggs might break in her body and this would be fatal. please help
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

I would contact a herp vet about this, yes it is dangerous for them not to lay it. I am not familiar with laying procedures or how long it takes for them to lay it, but I would contact a vet to see if you need to bring her in. Good luck!
Trinny
Level 1
Level 1

I heard trhat it takes 2 months for them to lay them
  • Information