PLEASE HELP!!!

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
Angela6610

My 7 year old twin girls found a turtle at a pond today and I let them bring it home. I dont want them to be heart broken if it passes. I do not know what kind it is. All I know is it is very small. Green in color. and dont do much activity. i do not know it it needs to be in water or on land. I dont know what to feed it. I dont know if it needs a heat light. Please help someone. If not for me, for my sweet twins, Skylett and Shyanne(Sky and Shy)

Give it worms, small fish, lettuce, and other leafy vegetables. If you found it near a lake, put it underwater. If it kicks upwards, take it out immediatly, If it swims around, leave it. See a veterinarian just to be sure.
Oh, if the top of it\'s shell is above it\'s head, don\'t put it underwater. GOOD LUCK SKY, SHY AND MOM!!!!!

if you found it near a pond, it is most likely a water turt. always have a lamp. any living things need the sun right? so that is what the lamp stands as. ^those are all foods he/she had listed on the 1st reply to your message.^. be carefull that it is not a snapper turtle. they can hurt :~(
WlfKnigt
Level 2
Level 2

Be weary. There is a reason they don\'t sell baby turtles anymore. You can get sick if you touch them too much but this mostly applies only to kids under 10 and I think you can only get sick if you put it in your mouth or stick your hands in your mouth after you touch it. I\'m not saying get rid of it. I myself love turtles. Just be watchful when you let them play with it and make them wash their hands afterwards. And by the way. After it has grown about 4 inches(I\'m not sure in which direction)the stuff that makes you sick should go away. I forgot what it was called but it started with a \"S\".

yes, when your kids are done playing with him/her, make sher they wash their hands and lower arms with antibacterial soap.

Its probley a pound slider.And yes give it a heat lamp and water to swim in but put the lamp away from the water so it doesen\'t get to hot. And try to feed it flowers and vegtibles if that doesen\'t work give it feeder fish. Good luck!
  • Information