What species is this??? HELP!!!

Not sure what kind of turtle you have? Come in and ask the turtle community.
philcat

ps. I have a digital camera and could send a picture (.jpg, .gif, .bmp, .whatever) to anyone via email if that would help. Thanks!
Last edited by philcat on Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

Okay it is a red ear slider and get it out of that death bowl yes it is called a death bowl your turtle will need a 20 gallon tank , an uvb light ,river rocks ,a submersible heater and filter and a basking area that can be easily made of rocks avalible at a petstore.Please get your turtle in this setup ASAP!!!!! It will otherwise die.pLEASE PLEASE turtles are a LOT of responsibility,time,space,and money.But if you can take care of them and provide for them then please let some one adopt it or give it to someone who can.P.S.Baby turtles should eat Baby reptomin,veggies(stay away from calliflower,iceburg lettuce,and spinach)and cooked chicken also feeder fish and crickets.All the supplies above can be bought at petsmart and remember most of the time the petstore people dont know what they\'re talking about.
Wabbit and Tabbit

Hey
I brought two turtles thi summer sound and look just like that but i dont know what kind i have eaither and trying to figuer it out if you will please help me find out!!!!
please let me know so i know what have way to do with these two things in my room thanks very much

p.s.
if you will send me some info to me as well thanks(to my email)
shelngav
Level 3
Level 3

If you read the above posting, it tells you. You will need a heater, a uvb light, a basking light (reg bulb will work. An aquarium 10 gal for each inch of shell on each turtle. These turtles will grow to 7-10 inches. There is a good expense to caring for them. They will live 30-50 years. There needs to be a basking area for them to get out. The water should be 78-82 and the basking area 7-10 degrees warmer. See the site for other info. I believe the care sheet section will give you the info you need.

It sounds like you got yourself some red- eared sliders.I bought one in August the size of a quarter.Hope this helps ya.

Um.....If you send me one or two of those pictures that you\'re talking about above then I could probably tell you what kind of turtle it is just send it to: [email protected]
  • Information