Im so sad cuz my turtles ran away!!!

Discussions about turtles.
ddstar

I am the girl who posted up the message about the red eared sliders that ran away! I spent several hours yesterday looking all over for them hoping I\'d find them hiding in the yard behind my condominium or at the plant nursery next door. There\'s an opening under the fence where they could have crawled under! The nursery next door has sprinklers that go on twice a day, other than that it\'s pretty hot and humid around my area! I am starting to think they might have crossed the road and wandered into someone elses yard now. My question is : where do red eared sliders go when they are in the wild? Well, besides a pond! There obviously arent any ponds on Guam, only beaches! Can they survive long without being in the water? Will the rain help them at all? Do they move towards water? Do they bury themselves? Can anyone help me?
TurtleSue13
Level 3
Level 3

i am so sry. i lost my turtle dale 3 times. we found him all three times but the 3rd time he wasnt alive. he was run over. u could try sardines to attract him. and water bowls. and it mite sound crazy but even signs for a lost turtle. my neighbors al kept an eye out and it really helped. how close are the beaches because salt water can kill them. do u live in the city? most turtles will try to stay near the sidewalk. mine even crossed a few streets b4 he was hit. good luck
sbturtlegrlz6
Level 4
Level 4

I answerd this on another page i know this is sad and not very opptomistic but if there are wild animals in your area then well you know but follow the advice i gave you before it will help.
  • Information